The Brand Builder Guide to Winning 2019
Here’s a fact: when it comes to setting goals for the coming New Year, the odds are… you’re doing it wrong.
The numbers don’t lie. 92% of people who set goals, never achieve them. In fact, only 45% of people even set them to begin with.
So what separates the people who crush their goals from the rest? Turns out, it’s just a few simple adjustments to your strategy and mindset that make all the difference.
Here to break down exactly what it takes to hit your 2019 goals is SnackNation CEO Sean Kelly. Sean isn’t just passionate about goal setting, he has been refining his goal setting strategy for more than a decade and a half.
This is the Brand Builder Guide to Winning 2019.
We definitely recommend watching the full video to learn exactly how to implement these tactics, but if you just want the high level tips, we got you:
- Set a unifying theme. What’s the through line that connects all your goals? Figuring that out helps you bring consistent effort to achieving them. Watch the video segment
- Set process-based goals, not achievement-based goals. It might sound counter-intuitive, but the achievement comes via the process. Focusing on process will make you more successful in the end. Watch the video segment
- For every goal you set, determine a sacrifice to go along with it. Our time is a zero-sum equation. If you want to achieve something new, you have to eliminate something. Watch the video segment
- When reviewing your goals, focus on how you’re spending your time. Are you really serious about achieving your goals? How much time you actually spend on them will answer that for you. Watch the video segment
- Your most important goal is a weekly assessment of all of your goals. There’s no progress without measurement. Watch the video segment
Do you have a goal setting strategy you love that we left out? Let us know in the comments.