Episode 115 | How to Maximize Your Brand’s Impact Through Masterful Storytelling,
with Omaze CEO Ryan Cummins
This week, a conversation with Omaze co-founder and CEO Ryan Cummins.
Omaze is an online fundraising platform that offers once-in-a-lifetime experiences and exclusive merchandise in support of charitable causes.
They’ve worked with a who’s-who of A-list celebrities, including the cast of Game of Thrones, George Clooney, the gang from It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia… and that’s barely scratching the surface .
But what Omaze really does is tell stories. Their philanthropic model relies on getting consumers excited, and they do that through their incredibly creative campaigns. They’ve raised more than $150M for over 400 different charities.
Now that’s impact.
If you’re a mission-driven brand, you need to leverage the power of storytelling in order to move your mission forward. That’s what this episode is about.
- How storytelling and philanthropy inspired Ryan to found Omaze with partner Matt Pohlson.
- Why Omaze practices radical candor when it comes to providing feedback, and an easy tactic to ensure feedback is communicated effectively.
- How to become an effective leader, and how to continually improve your leadership skills.
- How to transform fear and self-doubt into a powerful tool of self transformation.
- Omaze Harrison Ford Star Wars campaign
- The Omaze blog
- @ryan_cummins on Twitter
- @Omaze on Twitter
- A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson
What’s your biggest takeaway from the episode? Join our invite-only, private Facebook group just for Brand Builder Community members, where you can connect with fellow entrepreneurs and founders, crowdsource ideas, share best practices (or lessons learned), and get your most important questions answered. Join now!