Episode 107 | How to Grow Your Brand From $1M to $10M in 12 Months…Guaranteed,
with Drift VP of Marketing Dave Gerhardt
When it comes down to it, what is a brand?
Ask a hundred founders, and you might get a hundred different answers. But this week’s guest has a simple, compelling answer —
That’s according to Dave Gerhardt, the VP of Marketing at Drift.
Why words? Because at the end of the day, a brand all comes down to the stories you tell and the emotions that resonate with your customer. And the medium through which these flow are almost always words on a page (or a screen, as it were).
And if a brand is made of words, then copywriting is the most important brand building skill there is.
That’s one reason why Dave and the team built Drift, the world’s first and only conversational marketing platform. Drift helps businesses build real relationships with their customers by facilitating real conversations.
In addition to Drift, Dave co-hosts the Seeking Wisdom podcast, and is the co-author of the books Conversational Marketing and This Won’t Scale.
Dave joins us to share his unique approach to marketing, gives us his top trade show tip, and describes the strategies you need to grow your business from $1M to $10M in just 12 months.
For this episode, we enlisted the help of our in-house marketing expert, SnackNation CMO and co-founder Andy Mackensen, to guide us through the interview.
- Copywriting = brand building. It’s all just words at the end of the day. What you say and how you say it is the key to creating a powerful emotional connection with your consumer.
- The best ideas come from outside your industry. You have to zig when your competitors zag, so it often helps to look outside of your space for inspiration.
- Ogilvy on Advertising by David Ogilvy
- Scientific Advertising by Claude Hopkins
- Influence by Robert Chialdini
- The Ultimate Sales Letter by Dan Kennedy
- This Won’t Scale by the Drift Marketing Team
- Conversational Marketing by David Cancel and Dave Gerhardt
What’s your biggest takeaway from the episode? Join our invite-only, private Facebook group just for Brand Builder Community members, where you can connect with fellow entrepreneurs and founders, crowdsource ideas, share best practices (or lessons learned), and get your most important questions answered. Join now!